Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

News & Open House

 
SPEAKEASY NEWS
Online Newsletter of Toastmasters Club 1789
It's on! Speakeasy is having an open house on November 2, which is a week from this coming Wednesday. Notices have been and are being sent to the local media and flyers are being posted conspicuously. Cori Judge is the prime mover on the project, and is performing admirably. All we can do now is hope that some guests appear.
Historically, Toastmasters has been one of the world's best-kept secrets, despite herculean efforts to give that idea a rest. There are many who have said to themselves, "I've got to look into that someday." But so many never do, for reasons unfathomable. I went through that sort of period myself, almost 31 years ago. I made only one false start, having found a club nearby, marked it on my calendar, looked at the calendar on the day chosen, and wondered if there wasn't something else more important to do. Sadly, I found something.
Sound familiar? I'm guessing that sort of thing happened to most of us, but those who grabbed themselves by the collar and hauled themselves to a meeting have never looked back. We have gained so much in so many areas, it's impossible to describe it all. So let's get ready to welcome our visitors on November 2. We'll talk about it this week.
We do have other items on this week's agenda, and they are described on the attached schedule from Leah. As is our custom, if you are listed for a particular performance (I don't like "duty"), but run into difficulty and can't make it, let me know by 1:00 Wednesday so that I can make the agenda as correct as possible. Thinking ahead, I hope we can be fully organized for our open house, so that visitors are fooled into thinking we do it all the time. It'll be a neat trick. See you Wednesday.
Gordon Andersen
Editor, Speakeasy News

No comments: