Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 29, 2009

SPEAKEASY NEWS Dec 2

By G. K. Andersen

It seems longer than two weeks, but that's all it was. Those old bugaboos -- shaking knees, churning stomach, chattering teeth -- are on the verge of returning, so I'd better get a good dose of TM soon.

I guess it's never too soon to consider attending a ball game in July, so I'm passing along the attached advance information that may be of interest to you. If you think you might be interested, talk to Gene; he'll be collecting names. It'll be a chance to get a look at the new Twins ballpark.

We had 5 guests at our Open House, and plenty of pumpkin pie for everyone. Unfortunately, I was busy closing things up and didn't get a chance to get our guests' e-mail addresses, so if any of them were your invitees, get their addresses to me and I'll add them to my list. (Also, I was in a hurry to get my car over to the service station before 8:00 to deliver the keys. I made it, with 5 minutes to spare.)

Now for a look at this week's cast of characters:

Toastmaster -- Kara Johnson
Master Evaluator -- Eric Fager
Table Topics Master -- Tony Carlson
Speaker -- Gordon Andersen
Speaker -- Larry Green
Evaluator -- Gene Welch
Evaluator -- Dorothy Woodard
Timer -- Sharon Gifford
Grammarian -- Melony Fender
Ah Counter -- John Weidner

Ten positions, ten Toastmasters. Looks like a perfect evening that could be better with a guest or two, or three.